Wednesday

What People are Sayin'

Those who have read the pre-published version have said:


"I read a lot of books for my work at TitleTrakk.com, and F.A.I.R.I.E.S.: Be Careful What You Wish For is one of those rare gems I want to tell everyone about. It's highly imaginative, packed with adventure, and full of hope. A must read for kids and for kids at heart. Even better than Narnia! I was thinking about Pearson's wonderfully memorable characters for days."

--C.J. Darlington, Co-founder & Book Editor of TitleTrakk.com


Mimi Pearson's pre-published debut novel, "Be Careful What You Wish For" is a fun and entertaining story about the hidden underworld of fantastical creatures and their belief in the One.

Maryellen Goodwin, or Mellie, is the youngest in her family. Always picked on, always left out, always blamed...that's her claim to fame. Until she meets Regnans and receives her invitation to become a part of the Fantastical, Aerial, International, Reasonably Inconspicuous, Emancipation Squads, or F.A.I.R.I.E.S. for short!

Yes, there are fairies, imps, kobolds (had to look that one up!), dragons, and even more of the fantastical beings that we found in fantasy stories. Mellie is quickly befriended by a dryad named Regnans, and Elizabeth, who's a fairie. There's even a hint of teenaged romance with a sea nymph, of all things!

With Mimi's characteristic good humor and wit, this story comes to life. Our earthly sayings are mangled in hilarious ways in the fairy world...as are some of our customs. And by the time Mellie is formally introduced...well, let's just say I rolled with delighted laughter every time it happened!

This is a delightful fantasy story that puts appropriate emphasis on the importance of believing in the One and following His ways, whether a fanatasical being or a mortal like the rest of us. And with the hints of "maybe it's true"--like the explanation for what happened to Amelia Earhart--Mimi keeps you guessing at every turn about what's truly possible.

I loved this story from start to finish and cannot wait until I hold a published copy in my hands. The art design for the cover is enchanting, as is Mimi's story. This is quality fantasy fiction for children of all ages--especially my age!

~Deena Peterson
California
Pastor's wife
Homeschooling Mom
Christian Book Reviewer



Imaginative, creative, with lots of fine details. I love F.A.I.R.I.E.S! It brings to life a whole new way of looking at fantasy. M.C. Pearson brings out her own life experiences in every character. Having spent time with her in the U.S. Army, it was like reliving basic all over but with a spiritual uplift (regardless of your religious beliefs).

~Christinna B.
Texas
(Agnostic)




F.A.I.R.I.E.S. was a very meaningful story and it was inspirational. What I liked the best about this novel was the spiritual insight within the story. Also, the 'actioned-filled' parts gave 'thrill' and excitement as I read. As I read, I noticed all the unique characters were formed like fairytale characters, yet they seemed real. As I finished the novel, I only become hungry to read more and look forward in reading the sequel.

Thanks for the opportunity!

~Nathan S.
14 yrs. old
North Carolina
(Assembly of God)




FAIRIES grabbed my attention and I soon was enthralled by the very curious, interesting characters whom I became attached to and was anxious to see all that unfolded in their lives. A story that keeps giving, satisfying the readers thirst for action, mystery, and entertainment. Transported to another world that is fun and fantasy filled. As a homeschool mom, a great book to confidently let the children experience and be influenced by the positive thread of truth from beginning to end.

Lisa Gupton
North Carolina
Homeschool educator




To quote the F.A.I.R.I.E.S. character, Spike, this book was "tubular, excellent, and sweeeet!" It combines mystery, action, romance, tragedy, and comedy. With entertaining characters, a surprising plot that is always twisting and turning, M. C. Pearson has written an inspiring Christian Fantasy.

~Keegan P. (My biased son)
12 yrs. old
North Carolina
(Non-Denominational Christian)




Your book is very interesting. I love it! It usually takes me 4-5 chapters, but I was hooked at Chapter 1. I like adventures, mystery, and magic. Your drawings are amazing!

~Laura B.
13 yrs. old
Kansas
(Latter-Day Saint)




M. C. Pearson’s F.A.I.R.I.E.S. was a pure joy to read. As a writer, I admired the lovable characters, ingenious fantastical world, and the way the story sped along with unexpected twists and turns. One moment I’d be glued to the pages with delicious tension and the next moment rolling with laughter. As a youth minister I valued the story’s underlying Christian theme that flowed naturally, never seeming forced or contrived. Most importantly, as a father, I can give this to my children with peace of mind, knowing this delightful fantasy will both entertain and provide the moral compass they need.

~David Meigs
Youth Pastor~ Retired
Washington
davidmeigs.com



Excellent work M. C. Pearson! I read your very first version of F.A.I.R.I.E.S twice a year or two ago, (loved it) and I must say, reading the first chapter (of your new work) on you website was so exciting! You have made it even better! I cannot wait to read F.A.I.R.I.E.S. again, to see all the changes and progress you have made. You have such a wonderful gift with writing, as well as with drawing. Keep up the the good work! I look forward to your book being published! -(Then I can tell everyone that my Auntie Mimi is famous! :) Simply Splendid!

X & O from your niece
~Lindsay
14 yrs. old
North Carolina
(Christian)



M.C. Pearson presents a message that is desperately needed in a creative, exciting, uncommon way in her book F.A.I.R.I.E.S. I think that, in the society that we live in, it is neccessary to offer a work of art, such as F.A.I.R.I.E.S., to the public.

Because F.A.I.R.I.E.S is classified as "fantasy", there will most certainly be a lot of people, who need to hear the message of Almighty God's unconditional love, that will read this book and be changed in an unexplicable way, for God's glory.

I believe that F.A.I.R.I.E.S. is a book that will also encourage other believers to not be ashamed of their faith, but instead to use their gifts (such as writing) to glorify God and touch people's lives.

I commend you, M.C. Pearson, for such a wonderful work! Fantasy, romance, adventure, spiritual warfare, forgiveness... these and many other topics are brought to mind when i think of F.A.I.R.I.E.S.!

I cannot wait to hear that your book is published and sitting somewhere on a bookstore's "bestseller" shelf!!! wahoo!

~Jessica
16 yrs. old
M.C. Pearson's niece <3><>



F.A.I.R.I.E.S is a well-written, entertaining fantasy adventure that will keep you turning the pages to see what happens next to Mellie and her new fantastical friends. Creative and fanciful, F.A.I.R.I.E.S has all the elements of an enjoyable fantasy: the struggle between good and evil, battles, adventure, colorful (quite literally, in this case!) characters, imaginative settings, an interesting plot, and even a touch of romance. F.A.I.R.I.E.S is a delightful read that will attract both children and adults alike!

Jaime L. Hathaway
Book Reviewer